Monday, March 2, 2009

Collin Jeffrey Nelson is here!

This has been the best week of my life! On Tuesday the 24th Cameron and I headed to the doctor for what we thought would be just a quick check up. After a non stress test the doctor didn't like that the baby wasn't having big jumps on the monitor so he said, "O.K. lets go have a baby." And he meant like right now, which meant I had to cancel my hair appointment and Cameron would not be going to work. We headed home to get our bags and the car seat. We got to the hospital at 11:30 am and got checked in. The doctor broke my water at noon and started me on pitocin at 2:00 pm. I was dilated to a 2. After a few hours things were not progressing and I thought I was going to have to have a c-section (which I was not looking forward to.) I was getting uncomfortable but not in pain which was great! I got the epidural at 5:30. The nurse checked me again around 7:3o and I was still only a 2! At 9:00 she checked one more time and I was dilated to a 9! She couldn't believe it. She called in the doctor and I was ready to push. After 38 minutes of pushing we had our beautiful baby boy. The cord was around his neck which explained why he wasn't very active during the non stress test. The doctor unwrapped the cord and sucked his nose and mouth and I have never been so happy to hear that little cry! It was such an amazing experience. Everyone told me I would change my mind about having 4 kids once I went through labor and I am happy to say, they were all wrong.

Collin Jeffrey Nelson
7 pounds 12 ounces
20.3 inches long
He has long toes just like Daddy and his Mommy's hair!




4 comments:

Heller Home said...

I cant wait to meet you in 2 weeks Collin! Baby Annie is excited to have a buddy!!!

The Count said...

Congratulations guys! Helen and I will be home this weekend. Can't wait to meet the little guy.

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful child, for two wonderful parents. We are so thrilled for the 3 of you.......and with the notion of having a grandson. Being a "yaya" has brought me more joy than I could have anticipated! We love you guys,
papa&yaya

Heller Home said...

I want more pictures!!! xoxo Ashley