Monday, July 27, 2009

Gummy Bear

A few of you have asked me how Collin got the nickname 'Gummy Bear'. Well, his Auntie Auds gave it to him.

She thinks he looks like a gummy bear when he sits in his bumbo seat. Here he is @ 7 weeks old, when the name came to life. We love it and so far, it is sticking.

The reality is, everyone in my moms family has a nickname. You don't really have a choice. Someone will give you a crazy or silly nickname at some point in your life, and you will learn to love it. It eventually defines you as a person and overtakes your real name. There are people in my life that know me very well but don't know my brother Goo's real name, which is Corey. All of these nicknames just seem to stick! Here are a few of the nicknames that are used in our family on a regular basis:
Pokey
Honker
KO
LuLu
Bones
JP
Bro
Shug
Goo
Deeds
Mo
Auds
Auder Pop
Fliffers
Hammer Head
Pooh Bear
Tuffers
Toot Toots
Bofa

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Awww...I love that I made the list!