Friday, December 17, 2010

In 118 days

We get to do this all over again, and I can't wait! 

Can you believe how much life changes in 22 months?!?
Your wedding day is the best day of your life... until you have a baby.  So when you have another baby, it means there is a tie for Best Day of Your Life!  Awesome, right?  I know.  I love love love the newborn stage.  The squeaky little noises, the constant diaper changing, the never sleeping, the lactating at the grocery store when someones kid cries because you are a MOM now.  It might not sound that glamorous but seriously, there is no better feeling than holding a brand new baby and knowing that you and the hubby actually made this little miracle.  And the whole 'nobody knows your baby like you do' thing is pretty amazing.  What could be better? I say nothing could be better. 
 
My whole life I wanted to be a mom.  I tossed around other career options like becoming a teacher or nurse, but I knew in my heart I wanted to stay home and sing the ABC's and watch Sesame Street.  I have all the qualifications needed; like numerous pairs of pajama pants, being able to manage on 3 hours of sleep and I have endless amounts of patience for little people.  Which may explain why I don't have much patience for adults.  I give it all to the kids, and I'm o.k. with that.

On another note I only have 1 rule for this new baby scheduled to arrive on April 14th.  This fetus of mine may come on any date other than April 7th.  Let me explain... Once you become a mom, your life is no longer your own.  Ever. Again!  You get approximately 2 days for yourself now, Mother's Day and your birthday.  And even then you still have motherly duties to tend to.  My 30th birthday is April 7th.  So I obviously made my doctor grab his black sharpie marker and note in my patient file that the 7th is simply not an option for delivery.  He knows I'm serious.  And that's why Dr. Thomas is the most amazing doctor ever.  As selfish as this all sounds, I must admit it is completely true.  If this baby decides to arrive on the 7th it won't be the end of the world but it will mean the days for 'just me' are cut in half.  Being a mom means being selfless so I guess I will just have to deal :) since I know it will all be totally worth it in the end.

What I really can't wait to see is Collin's little face when he sees 'his baby' for the first time.  He is so excited to be a Big Brother.  He kisses my belly daily and says, "Hi baby, I'm your big brother."  It is enough to melt your heart and make you want to have a family as big as Jim Bob and Michelle Duggar from 19 kids and counting. 



2 comments:

Shannon said...

When I had my second, the BEST moment was when my oldest (2 1/2 at the time) came in to see her little sis for the first time. The look on her face will forever be burned into my mind. Absolutely, 100% the best moment of my life so far. I'm so happy for you and SO excited for you to experience the joys of two! Have fun... April will be here before you know it! Merry Christmas :o)

The Izzard Family Blog said...

oh Erin I am so excited for you! I agree this is the best job in the world...and I can't wait for Jackson to see his baby someday, too! Hopefully in 2011! :)