Tuesday, February 1, 2011

30 Weeks

The first few months of this pregnancy crawled by so slowly because I was sososo sick.  Now that I am feeling great the time is flying by!  10 more weeks sounds like a long time but it will be here before we know it.  I have my 30 week appointment tomorrow and it is always so exciting to hear the heartbeat and see how this little baby is growing!  At the beginning of the pregnancy I was leaning towards a girl because I felt so different this time around.  Now that I am farther along I am carrying this one just like Collin so I have kinda changed my vote to boy.    

Collin is very excited about his big boy bedroom so we are hoping for an easy transition.  He climbed out of his crib the other day and ran into his new room and said, "I'm a big boy now" and the last 23 months flashed right before my eyes.  I can't believe how big he is getting!  We are waiting for the safety rail to come for his bed so he doesn't fall out at night and nap.  The dresser we ordered had a crack so they are sending us a new one and it should be here any day.  He likes to play in his big boy room and climb on the bed.  We will be needing to establish some ground rules in the new room, I can see:

Like no climbing on the window!
Collin likes to talk to "his baby" and says things like: "I'm your big brother"
"Come out baby"
"Open it" (which means he wants me to lift my shirt so he can see my belly)
"I'm so excited to meet you"
"Be gentle baby" (we've been talking about how baby will be so tiny and fragile and he has to be gentle)
"Big happy family"  (when we are all on the couch together he says this and I have no idea where he got it but we love it!)

He likes to count to his baby and sing Old McDonald EIEIO right into my belly.  He also winds this little music maker and holds it to my bellybutton and it must be right on my bellybutton.  It is precious and hilarious at the same time.  Then he puts the music maker to his belly and says "Collin's baby" as if he is growing a baby.  It always makes me laugh! 

Yesterday the baby was moving so much I put Collin's hand on my belly and told him the baby was kicking.  He took off his socks and put his foot on my belly.  Little kids do the funniest things.  I guess he just wanted to kick the baby back.  Ha!

He has been very patient!  It probably feels like we have been talking about this baby forever and he must wonder when it is really coming.  10 weeks isn't a very good answer for an anxious toddler.    

1 comment:

The Izzard Family Blog said...

I love Collin's Big Boy room! So cute! Can't wait to change Jack's room! You look great! Really...10 more weeks?! WOW!